Soho House stole the spotlight at last night’s Community Board 3 meeting, but the board also voted on applications for another three-dozen liquor licenses. Some highlights:
- The Acme team was approved for a full bar at 151 Essex St., the former laugh Lounge space. The “Asian, Chino, Latino” restaurant will be permitted to stay open until 4 a.m.
- The operators of a new venture called the “Taco Project” won approval for a full bar at 49 Clinton St., formerly The Clerkenwell. The place will be allowed to stay open until 3:30 a.m. on weekend evenings.
- The board rejected a request from the owners of Bar Chevere, 181 Essex St., to upgrade their license from wine/beer to full bar. The restaurant is within 200 feet of P.S. 20; state law prohibits new liquor permits close to schools.
- Wing Shoon, the Chinese seafood and dim sum restaurant at 165 East Broadway, was approved for a wine/beer license.
- Christopher Miller of Miller’s Near & Far, 65 Rivington St., got the go-ahead for a new concept at 155 Rivington, formerly St. Jerome’s. The business will operate as a tavern with small plates.