Today’s Lower East Side food news:
- Bloomberg’s Ryan Sutton is disappointed in Wylie Dufresne’s WD-50, calling the Clinton Street restaurant pricey, labeling some dishes ‘snoozers” and others ill-conceived. In spite of these shortcomings, he says, there are still flashes of brilliance.
- Pete Wells of the New York Times says Mighty Quinn’s is “big league barbeque.”
- The Local notices that Rizzo’s, a pizza place in Astoria, is angling to open up a location at 17 Clinton St.
- The bakery at The General (199 Bowery) is now open — just in time for the EMM group’s next grilling before Community Board 3 on Monday night.
- Co-op in the Hotel on Rivington is offering a new Monday-Thursday $38 prix fixe menu, including dishes such as yellow tail tacos, ginger fried chicken and mushroom miso soup.