Today’s Lower East Side food headlines:
- As you may know, the freshly ground horseradish from the Pickle Guys is serious stuff (see above)! But time is running out to stock up before Passover. The store, at 49 Essex St., will be open tomorrow but closed from Monday (the first night of Passover) through April 2.
- Grub Street reports Wylie Dufresne’s pub-style restaurant on 2nd Avenue will open in one week.
- Night Market, a two-day festival featuring nine vendors, is coming to Bowery Station.
- Barzinho, a little Brazilian spot formerly in Tribeca, is in soft-open mode at 48 Hester Street. They’re serving dinner only.
- StarChefs honors Pig & Khao’s Leah Cohen.