We’re taking inventory and seeing who’s still open this morning as Hurricane Sandy continues her approach.
- The Rite Aid on Grand Street is open.
- Fine Fare on Clinton Street is open and busy. There is still plenty of bottled water and they are re-stocking bread right now.
- Pushcart Coffee on East Broadway is open and serving your morning coffee, if you happen to be one of the few heading to work.
- Cowboy Pizza on Clinton will open at 11:30am and plans to stay open until 11pm, or as long as possible.
- Cafe Petisco on East Broadway is open.
- Wing Shoon Chinese restaurant is open.
- 12 Corners Coffee on East Broadway is open.
- Lost Weekend on Orchard Street is open and serving your morning coffee, as well.
- Sugar Sweet Sunshine is open.
- Flowers Cafe at Essex and Grand streets is open.
- C Town on Pearl Street is open.
- Cozy Food on Jackson is open.
- Fine Fare on Jackson is open – we hear that the cookie supply is limited.
- Moishes Bakery on Grand Street is open.
- The East Side Kosher Dairy on Grand Street is open.
- The Meatball Shop is open.
- Thanks to Linda Ng for this Chinatown update on what’s open:
- Nom Wah Tea Parlor (dim sum!!!)
- Manny’s Gourmet (a deli on Madison and St James Place)
- Jameel’s Stationer (newspaper stand on St James Place)
- 69 Bayard Street (that’s the name of the restaurant 69 Bayard Street)
- Nice Bakery (baked goods 49 Bayard Street)
- Believe it or not, Great N.Y. Noodletown is not open!
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and Holland Tunnel are closing at 2p.
Let us know if you are open! Send tips to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at all that water! On UWS, Fairway, Duane Reade, many others are out of stock. But we have ours, and our bathtub will be filled for flushing, if needed. (My wife insisted; husband was skeptical. She wins.)
Thank you for providing this valuable information for the LES community.
That Fine Fare location used to be a Co-op, with twin pines in the logo. Sigh…
seward liqour open
duane reade on delancey is open as is one of the delis on grand between ludlow and orchard
The Army Navy store at 177 East Houston (between Allen and Orchard) is still open. They are nice people, and they have useful things. Flashlights, batteries, raincoats, etc. A very small business, good to support it.
Comments are closed.