Hurricane Sandy Afternoon Update: What’s Open
Thanks to Lo-Down reader H. Spencer Young for sending along this fantastic photo of Sandy’s storm clouds looming over the L.E.S. late last night. Here is our current list of what’s open this afternoon. Let us know of any others at: email@example.com.
- The Rite Aid on Grand Street is open.
- Fine Fare on Clinton Street is open but will close at 5 p.m. and will have to wait and see about tomorrow.
- May May kitchen (Chinese takeout) on Clinton next to Fine Fare is
open and delivering.
- Pushcart Coffee on East Broadway is open.
- Cowboy Pizza on Clinton plans to stay open until 11 p.m., or as long as possible.
- 12 Corners Coffee on East Broadway is open.
- Lost Weekend on Orchard Street is open.
- Sugar Sweet Sunshine is open.
- C Town on Pearl Street is open.
- Cozy Food on Jackson is open.
- Fine Fare on Grand and Jackson is open.
- Moishe’s Bakery on Grand Street is open.
- The East Side Kosher Dairy on Grand Street is open.
- The Meatball Shop is open.
- Stop1 Deli on Stanton and Allen is holding strong and plans to stay open.
- Cafecito on Ave C in the East Village is open now til 1am- delivering!
- The Dunkin’ Donuts on Delancey Street is open and plan on staying open.
- The 7-Eleven next door to Dunkin’ is also still open.
- Nom Wah Tea Parlor in Chinatown is now closed. They hope to open at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.
- Schiller’s Liquor Bar has been closed all day but a message on their voicemail says they hope to open tomorrow at 4 p.m.
- Happiness Deli on Delancey between Ludlow and Essex is open and plans to stay open. A Lo-Down reader notes, “they stayed open the entire Hurricane last time too.”