Lots of Lower East Side restaurant news in the past week. Let’s get caught up:
- The Leadbelly, the oyster bar from the Fat Radish team, opens tomorrow at 14 Orchard Street. Grub Street notes: “There’s a built-in piano where performers will show several times a week, and requestable vintage records will play the rest of the time — including the occasional track from Blues legend Leadbelly, i.e., Huddie William Ledbetter, himself.”
- Matt Levine’s Cocktail Bodega also opens tomorrow.
- Rustic LES – from the Bistro Truck team – anticipates opening a week from tomorrow on Ridge Street.
- The Times reports that Attaboy, the cocktail bar replacing Milk & Honey, will open in November.
- The Falafel Shop is now open at 127 Rivington Street. Have a look at the menu here.
- Tour Chinatown’s food markets with Erika Chou and Travis Post of Yunnan Kitchen.
- Starting next week, Family Recipe is offering lunchtime bento boxes for deliveries on Tuesdays and Fridays.