Today’s Lower East Side food news:
- On May 10th Wylie Dufresne (the man who made Clinton Street a dining destination) will “administer something of a scorched-earth shock” to the menu at WD-50.
- Eater reports: After just 18 months in business, Mary Queen of Scots calls it quits.
- Knishery NYC has its first retail client — Malt & Mold, the new shop on East Broadway.
- Via our in-box, crowd-funding company Smallknot spreads the word that it’s helping Rustic LES (the new restaurant on Ridge Street from the Bistro Truck team) complete construction.
- There are a few spots left for tonight’s “creative cocktail” event at 2nd Floor on Clinton. Mixologist Ektoras Binikos pays tribute to famous artists.
- Saxelby Cheesemongers is offering a “Mac and Cheese and Mom” gift box for Mother’s Day.