Here’s our roundup of recent Lower East Side food news:
- Sam Ross and Michael McIlroy plan to open up a new bar in the old Milk & Honey space at 134 Eldridge Street, probably sometime in the fall. “Attaboy” will feature a bigger bar (Milk & Honey had one of the smallest bars anywhere).
- Danny Bowien of Mission Chinese Food lists some of his Chinatown favorites.
- Grey Lady at 77 Delancey soft opened awhile ago, serving Natucket-style seafood, including a good lobster roll for $25. They’re expected to add raw oysters this weekend.
- In a monumental act of bravery, FloFab makes a frightening expedition to East Broadway “where Canal Street and the Lower East Side disappear into blocks of apartments past Seward Park” … and discovers Malt & Mold.
- The New Yorker says the Bowery Diner aspires to satisfy adult as well as childhood cravings but “doesn’t always succeed at either.”