This afternoon’s Lower East Side food news:
- Loreley’s 9th Annual Sausage Fest begins 3 p.m. Saturday. To get things started, a “ceremonial keg of Hofbräu Maibock beer will be tapped with each guest receiving a free beer (while supplies last).” More info above and here.
- “German beer titan” Paulaner prepares to open a huge beer hall on the Bowery.
- Sons of Essex is out with its $40 prix fixe Mother’s Day brunch menu.
- New York Magazine previews Yunnan Kitchen, opening soon on Clinton Street.
- Gothamist goes on a food/drink tour of Chinatown.