Your Friday afternoon Lower East Side food news:
- More on Mission Chinese Food’s expansion from San Francisco to the Lower East Side. Owner Danny Bowien tells the San Francisco Chronicle the new Orchard Street location “will have the same DIY feel and shoestring budget as the original.” There will be a full bar, 39 seats, as well as lunch service and takeout.
- Grub Street gets Chris Santos of Beauty and Essex to reveal some of his favorite Lower East Side spots.
- Video: Not everyone gets the whole pawn shop experience at Beauty & Essex.
- Ryan Sutton has sticker shock at Saxon & Parole.
- The Post says Bowery Diner is “more overdone than fun.”