So far no one’s lost their cool on the Lower East Side, as Black Friday hysteria grips the nation (you probably heard about the early morning incident at the Soho Hollister store). The kickoff of the holiday shopping season is a great time to support small, local shops over the big national chains. We’ve gathered together a few of the deals being offered on the LES:
- By Robert James (in their expanded space at 74 Orchard) is offering free hot toddies and $40 off any full-priced men’s button-down shirt. BRJ is one of many stores taking part in Small Business Saturday, so the offer is good throughout the weekend.
- Pilgrim, 70 Orchard, is discounting all designer and vintage jewelry 30% today. The shop is open until 7 p.m.
- Kaia House, the eco-friendly cosmetics shop at 9 Clinton Street, has discounted the entire store 25% (gifts are 50% off).
- Prohibit NYC, 152 Allen, is offering 50% off on all garments, all weekend long.
- Blake Scotland, 62 Clinton, is teaming up with Fatta Cuckoo and Kupwersmith for a Clinton Street block party. Today and tomorrow there will be lunch and drink specials (with proof of purchase). Blake Scotland is discounting the entire store 20-75%.
- Not just this weekend – but anytime – remember that small businesses participating in the Zip Card program offer great discounts to local customers.
That’s a start, anyway! Remember! Stay calm and no pepper spray!