This morning’s Lower East Side food/restaurant news:
- We hear from Donnybrook co-owner Meghan Joye that the Clinton Street bar added weekday lunch service. On the menu: pressed sandwiches, soups, stews, salads and charcuterie plates. Lunch is served 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. It’s nice to have another lunch option on this block, especially since Falai’s Bakery appears to have abruptly shuttered.
- Sons of Essex officially opens to the public today. The deli is up-and-running this morning; the restaurant begins serving dinner and cocktails at 6 p.m.
- Serious Eats concludes Peking Duck House is worth the price.
- The Doughnut Plant expands again; their doughnuts are now available at the Snack Box next to the TKTS steps in Times Square.
- Don’t forget: today’s your last chance of the season to visit the LES Youthmarket (in front of the Abrons Arts Center).