Today’s food headlines:
- The Michelin Guide names the restaurants offering the “best value” in New york (two courses and a glass of wine or dessert for $40 or less). Among the Lower East Side/Chinatown selections: Apizz, Congee Village, Dim Sum Go Go, Katz’s and Oriental Garden.
- Eater says WD-50 looks to have “officially weathered the financial storm,” deciding to restore dinner service 7 days a week.
- Brooklyn Taco in the Essex Street Market is closed today and tomorrow. They’ll reopen Saturday.
- It’s the last day to shop at the 4th Street Food Co-op before they close for a week.
- The Local EV learns Veselka Bowery plans to open in November.