Today’s Lower East Side food news:
- Tomorrow at Lost Weekend, the new coffee shop/gallery at 45 Orchard, there’s free iced coffee and hot dogs from 4-7 p.m.
- Chozen ice cream – all natural and all kosher – comes to the Hester Street Fair this weekend. Sample flavors such as: Ronnie’s Rugelach, Matzoh Crunch, Coconut Macaroon and Chocolate Gelt.
- The Village Voice is offering discounted tickets to this weekend’s Ice Cream Sunday at the New Amsterdam Market.
- Eater hears Ed’s Lobster bar will be opening at 25 Clinton Street Friday, August 26th.
- The Local East Village learns you’ll have to wait a few more weeks for the opening of Veselka on (off) the Bowery.
- Stellina, the ice cream shop next to Sorella, is now open until 11 p.m. Tuesdays-Thursdays.