According to weather.com, it’s a miserable 101 degrees in the city right now. With that it mind, it seems like a good time to remind everyone that the city’s cooling centers are OPEN. Here are the Lower East Side locations:
- The Bowery Resident’s Committee Senior Nutrition Program, 30 Delancey
- University Settlement Nutrition Program, 189 Allen
- Seward Park Library, 193 East Broadway
- Educational Alliance Senior Center, 197 East Broadway
- United Jewish Communities Adult Luncheon Club, 15 Bialystoker Place
- Henry Street Settlement, Good Companions Center, 334 Madison
There’s a searchable database of all cooling centers on the city’s Office of Emergency Management web site.