In today’s Lower East Side restaurant news:
- From The Lo-Down inbox: Ha’Chi, the new Asian fusion eatery, opened this week on the ground floor of the Thompson LES Hotel at 185 Orchard St.
- Via Twitter, we hear Panade Puffs & Pastries plans a grand reopening tomorrow at its former location, 129 Eldridge St., after a short stay across the street.
- EV Grieve has an update on S’MAC’s takeover of the former Little Veselka kiosk at Houston Street and 1st Avenue; look for a fall opening.
- Serious Eats samples the late-night fare at Schiller’s Liquor Bar, and gives the sticky toffee pudding a rousing thumbs-up.
- Friends and fans of East Village bar owner and beer aficianado Ray Deter will gather Monday, Aug. 1, at his Williamsburg bar, dba Brooklyn, to toast his life and raise funds for his sons’ college educations. More info: Jimmy No. 43’s website and Good Beer Seal.
- Snap Food Truck brings its mobile burgers and dogs back to the Hester Street Fair on Saturday. The full fair line-up is here.
- The Wall Street Journal does some illuminating math calculations on the city’s 1-year-old restaurant inspections grading system.