The mid-week neighborhood food news:
- The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck plans to open a brick-and-mortar shop on East 7th Street next month. The ice cream entrepreneurs also have a recipe book due out next year.
- Masala Wala will bring the Indian street-food trend to Essex Street.
- Co-op Food & Drink, the new restaurant at The Hotel on Rivington, has “just the right amount of crazy,” according to the Urban Daddy blog.
- The NYT does a mini review of Souvlaki GR, accompanied by a slideshow.
- The new Bluebird Coffee Shop is (pretty much) the same as the old Bluebird Coffee Shop.
- Keith McNally (Pulino’s, Schiller’s) sat down with Martha Stewart on air last night.