An Art Weekend on the Lower East Side, NADA, Cutlog, Gallery Walk, New Museum Shows
As we noted yesterday, it’s a big weekend for art on the Lower East Side. NADA’s New York Art Fair opens tomorrow at Pier 36. Another fair, Cutlog, opens to the public today at the Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center. In its second year on the Lower East Side, Cutlog features 50 galleries, as well as a film festival and performances. Today’s hours are noon-9 p.m. with an opening reception at 6 tonight. You can see the rest of the schedule here.
The Lower East Side BID is getting in the spirit. They have organized a Sunday Artwalk (noon-6 p.m.), with 50 participating Lower East Side galleries. You can pick up a copy of their map in the LES Visitor Center, 54 Orchard St.
In conjunction with the Artwalk, several retailers are offering specials. See below for details:
- Anna Sheffield – 47 Orchard St. – Featuring artist Hanna Eshel in store and serving Sofia champagne and other refreshments.
- Mastiha Shop – 145 Orchard St. – Product sampling + 15% discount with mention of the gallery crawl or LES BID.
- La Petite Mort – 37 Orchard St. – 10% discount on clothing and accessories with mention of the Art Walk or LES BID.
- Quinn – 181 Orchard St. – 15% – 75% off selected styles.
- American Apparel – 183 E. Houston St. – 15% off purchases from noon-6pm, in-store nail bar and refreshments.
If you’d like to see the full list of participating galleries, click here.
And finally, a series of spring exhibitions from artists Ragnar Kjartansson, Camille Henrot, Roberto Cuoghi, Hannah Sawtell, Jeanine Oleson, and David Horvitz just opened at the New Museum. You can read more about those shows on the museum’s website. You can visit today until 9 p.m. Saturday/Sunday hours are 11 a.m.-6 p.m.