Some food and drink news to start off your work week.
- Now open at 157 Allen St.: Roman’s Italian Delicatessen, serving cold sandwiches and a variety of dry goods and groceries, including cured meats, housemade breads, fresh pasta and sauces. Check out the details on the store’s Facebook page.
- Rosette will host a special tasting menu dinner tomorrow night, featuring eight courses for $85, prepared by chefs Marcus Jernmark and Carl Kristian Frederiksen, who hail from Aquavit and Aamann’s Copenhagen, respectively.
- Malt & Mold, the beer and cheese shop at 221 E. Broadway, and One Mile House, the craft beer bar at 10 Delancey St., were two of the eight bars and bottle shops honored with the Good Beer Seal last week.
- More beer news: a new Manhattan-based brewery, Third Rail Beer, launches its first two brews later this month at One Mile House. A debut party Aug. 23 will introduce Bodega, an abundantly hopped American pale ale, and Field 2, the brewery’s take on a classic Belgian farmhouse ale.
- New York magazine’s Adam Platt on Keith McNally’s new Bowery restaurant Cherche Midi: “There’s almost too much to like.”
- The Post samples wacky ice cream flavors featuring unusual ingredients, including salt and pepper at Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream and chorizo at Oddfellows Ice Cream Co.