Today’s food/nightlife news:
- It soft-opened some time ago — now Eater and others spill the beans regarding Attaboy, the successor to famed cocktail lounge Milk & Honey at 134 Eldridge St. The new spot is run by two Milk & Honey alums, Sam Ross and Michael McIlroy. There’s no cocktail menu; the bartenders customize drinks based on your general likes and dislikes. Drinks run $16; no reservations required; opens nightly at 6:45 p.m. More details via Urban Daddy and One Drink Ahead.
- Wylie Dufresne, who for so long resisted expanding beyond Clinton Street, has opened a casual place in the East Village.
- “Tattooed bartenders” wanted at an “upcoming East Village/Lower East Side bar” from the guys behind Billy Hurricane’s.
- Coming soon: the Schiller’s Liquor Bar Cocktail Book.
- Two Italian grandmothers are not so impressed with Carbone, the new pseudo “old’school” spot from the Torrisi team.