Lo-Down reader Katie Staab has sent photos of the fire department responding to the fire that broke out at 101 Orchard Street, the building next to the Tenement Museum this morning. Congee Village is on the ground floor of this building. Fire crews are investigating whether there could have been a malfunctioning gas line in Congee Village’s kitchen. They say the fire did begin in the kitchen and then spread through the building’s duct-work. These photos are from around 9:20am.
Holy COW! So many fires!!
Any update? Did anything in the adjacent Tenement Museum get damaged?
Comments are closed.