In Lower East Side food/restaurant news:
- There are a few entertaining lines in Sam Sifton’s one-star review of Fat Radish: “a smart little joint out of a Jamie Oliver photo shoot;” “a restaurant for good-looking youngsters on their third jobs and second apartments, single and raging, with summertime Montauk shares and memories of Belize and Gstaad;” “To sit in its dining room as light plays off the huge mirror in back, candles flickering everywhere, eating rillettes and drinking wine, is to experience a small part of the New York that leads people here inexorably and always will.”
- The legendary Nom Wah Tea Parlor on Doyers Street reopened today at 11am.
- Painkiller, the tiki bar on Essex Street, has a huge new menu.
- Georgia’s East Side BBQ is offering Super Bowl Pig Out catering packages. Advance orders highly recommended.
- It’s Pancake Month at Clinton Street Baking Company.