Braving the cold along the East River. Photo by David Sierra.
Mostly sunny today with a high of 38.
See our Calendar here.
Sign up for our daily email.
Send us tips & photos.
99 Favor Taste has hopped over the river from Sunset Park to 285 Grand St.
Korean-style barbecue has come to Grand Street.
A roundup of Lower East Side food headlines:
- Via Eater, have a look at the menus for the pop-up French restaurant, Chez Jef, that will be in the former Bowery Diner space for awhile.
- Robert Sietsema has an early look at the new restaurant in the Cooper Square Hotel.
- Serious Eats checks out the revamped cocktail menu at the newish Golden Cadillac.
- Irving Farm Coffee teamed up with Peak Organic Brewing Company in Maine to create a new Espresso Amber Ale. There will be a party to celebrate at 88 Orchard St. Friday night.
- Family Recipe on Eldridge Street is debuting a $1 oyster happy hour from 6-7 p.m., except on the weekends.
The Lo-Down Magazine – March 2014 by The Lo-Down
Our March print magazine is hitting the streets this week. You can pick up a copy at locations throughout the neighborhood.
Orchard Street looking uptown near Grand Street.
Mostly cloudy today with a high of 31. While the cold snap continues, a little relief is in sight for the weekend. We could see the high 40′s by Sunday.
Remember to check out our Calendar for things to do all week long on the LES!
For our regular feature spotlighting the people who live and work on the Lower East Side, we talked with Jasmin Sanchez, who runs the Ana Luisa Garcia Community Center. …