Here’s our updated list of local spots offering pickup and delivery, plus some highlights featuring new openings, options and special events. First, some highlights:
– Factory Tamal is back open for pickup and delivery at 34 Ludlow Street, 9am – 7:30pm: 917-691-5524 (their E. 4th location is still closed).
– 169 Bar is now open for cocktails and Cajun snack food pickup at their “Drive Through” window: 2pm – 8pm daily.
– La Flaca is now open for takeout, with limited hours, touting frozen margaritas to go: “Takeaway Margaritas and CocktailsLimited Menu AvailableCall ahead available,” Friday- Tuesday at 2pm: (646) 692-9259. AND we’ve heard from Randall’s Barbecue, that they are helping La Flaca put together an extra tasty menu for Cinco De Mayo.
– Sauce Pizzaria is offering frozen pizzas for delivery, 4pm – 10pm daily:(917) 675 7240.
– Speaking of pizza, Partybus Bakeshop offers fresh pizza on a regular (pre-order) basis, along with sourdough kits, fresh baked bread, AND just in time for warm weather, iced coffee for pickup. COVID-19 HOURS: Thursday 11-5 Saturday 11-5 Sunday 12-6
– Did you know Michali Bakery makes delicious quiche? (not to mention sweet and savory pastries): Mondays – Closed, Tuesday – Sunday 8am-7pm
– El Castillo De Jagua is re-opening their Rivington location (113 Rivington) for pickup and delivery, Monday – Saturday, 9am – 6pm: (212) 982-6412.
– Attaboy, a favorite cocktail hideout, is now offering signature cocktails, Tuesdays and Fridays 2pm-8pm, noting, “Available for pick up and delivery to most neighborhoods. ($100 minimum for delivery) Order through email email@example.com, Or Venmo @Attaboy-CocktailBar, All cocktails $14 with block ice, garnish & chips. 20+ cocktails at $12 per.”
– The new natural wine bar, Skin Contact, which had just barely opened on Orchard Street before everything was shut down, has reopened and is offering pick up and delivery, 1pm-6pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Updated list of places currently open for takeout and delivery on the Lower East Side:
— 169 Bar is offering food and drinks for delivery and pickup.
– Arancini Bros., the Italian rice ball specialist, is offering delivery (using GrubHub, UberEats, Postmates, etc) as well as pickup at The Essex Market, 7 days/week. They write: “This includes hot and ready to eat Arancini as well as “fresh frozen To-Go” packages that are heated at home in oven or toaster oven, etc.”
— Char Sue is offering special menus (a whole roast duck dinner!) for takeout and delivery. You can text your order: (646) 801-5438 Pre-order before 5pm for 15% off. Delivery fee waved for all orders over $20.
— Cheeky Sandwiches is open for takeout and delivery, but it’s a good idea before you head over or call 646 504-8132.
— Cheese Grille is open for takeout and delivery.
— Cocoron is offering fresh and frozen soba from their Kenmare Street location. More info here.
— Diller NYC is open for deliver and takeout.
— Dimes restaurant is closed, but the market is open, and the deli next door is open for takeout and delivery.
— Dudley’s takeout window and delivery services are still available, with free delivery. If ordering online, use “lower east side” at checkout for 10% off.
– East Houston Wine and Liquor is open and offering pickup and delivery 7 days a week. They have an app that makes delivery a snap and are offering free delivery in Manhattan and Williamsburg: (212) 432-6322.
— (UPDATED) Eastwood is open for delivery and takeout: Monday-Saturday (closed Sunday) 5pm-10pm. Delivery and takeout through Grubhub or call Eastwood at: (212) 233-0124. Beer, cider and wine also available for delivery and take out. Visit @eastwood221 for more updates including how to help support their staff.
— El Castillo de Jagua II (521 Grand St.) has been closed but is now back to offering takeout and delivery: (212) 995-0244, 11a – 7p, Mon. – Sat. NOTE – The Rivington location is not currently open.
— (UPDATED) The Essex Market will remain open for the time being, but is scaling back hours. It is now open from 8am – 7pm, Monday – Saturday, and 10am – 6pm on Sunday. Starting on Monday, March 30th, the hours will be 8am – 6pm, Monday – Saturday, and 10am – 6pm on Sunday.
They write: “The market is reserving the hours of 8am – 9am on Monday – Saturday for patrons 65 and older, expecting mothers, and those with increased risk of illness to shop in the market…If you do not fit into one of those criteria, we ask that you be respectful and avoid visiting us during this short window so that at-risk members of the community can safely purchase the items they need.”
A few vendors have decided to close temporarily, but all three grocers are operational and quite a few merchants offer delivery and takeout. The restaurants at the Market Line are closed but Ends Meat, the butcher downstairs, is offering distance pickups. Call ahead and they will facilitate pickup: (929) 306-6014. And Peoples Wine Shop (cellar level at the Market Line) from the Contra/Wildair team, is also offering pickup: (212) 202-2550.
— Flowers Cafe on Essex Street is open daily for pickup and delivery.
— Forgtmenot is open for takeout and delivery:(646) 707-3195 – looks like they’ve got a nice grocery set up, as well.
— Ginger and Lemongrass, the Rivington Street Vietnamese spot, is open for takeout and delivery. Call (646) 876-1237 to place your order.
— Golden Diner is open for takeout and delivery: Via Instagram, they write: “Pandemic or not, we all still need to eat good right? It’s a shit time for everyone now but more so for restaurants, the industry is tough enough with razor thin margins. Support your local spots that are still hanging on by a thread by ordering in and giving them a boost of morale. It also spares you the awkward conversation with your partner 3 days into their experimental cooking that they ain’t no iron chef so… win-win. (You can also show support and give them some cashflow by buying gift cards – *shameless plug* ours is linked in bio ) We heard your demands and are now rolling out an all day menu so you can get wings & quesadillas for breakfast, matzoh balls & breakfast burritos at night. Also selling alcohol by bottles at no up-charge for y’all so… let’s get weird.”
— The Granddaddy Cafe is open for takeout with limited hours: 8am – 4pm.
— Hwa Yuan is offering a 20% discount on takeout and delivery starting March 17 until further notice. Order on Doordash or call: (212) 966-6002.
– Iggy’s Keltic Lounge is offering drinks and snacks To Go only, at their takeout window with limited hours.
— Ivan Ramen (@ramenjunkie) writes: “Ivan Ramen and Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop are open for delivery! Please order Ivan Ramen if you’re in the mood for ramen. If you’re not cooking than please order food from anyone but order. We (independent restaurants) will make it somehow but we need your support! Hey New York, we can do this! Help us keep our employees working! Lots of love from Ivan Ramen!”
— Joey Bats Cafe on Allen Street is offering pickup and delivery.
– Kabisera Cafe, the Filipino-inspired cafe on Allen St. is open for pickup and delivery.
— Katz’ Deli is offering delivery and takeout: (212) 254-2246 (also via Seamless, Ubereats, Caviar, Doordash, Postmates, and delivery.com), and still shipping nationally: katzsdelicatessen.com/shipping.html
— Kings Co. Imperial writes: “Delivery and pick-up are available from both our Williamsburg and LES locations from 4:30pm – 10:30pm daily. Stay tuned for new lunch and “just add ice” cocktail options coming soon. LES Delivery options: Caviar, Doordash, Postmates, Seamless” Check their updates here: @kingscoimperial.
— Kossar’s is open for takeout and delivery from 7am – 3pm, every day: (212) 473-4810.
— Le French Diner is posting a daily menu, available for pick-up, on Instagram. They write: “Hi neighbors, here’s tonight’s menu. Call (212) 777-1577 to place your order and it will be ready for pick-up within 20min. We’ll be serving every day from 5pm to 9pm and we will hopefully be able to deliver starting next week. You’re welcome! $15 off every bottle of wine, $6 beer.”
— Melt Bakery is offering pickup and delivery. They note: “We are still open normal hours for takeout, and delivery on GrubHub, Postmates, UberEATS, and DoorDash! We’ve got piles of sams ready to go, and have never needed your support like we do now. If you need ice cream, we got you!”
— Michaeli Bakery is open and offering takeout and delivery: (646) 360-2284. They continue to offer delicious, fresh-out-of-the-oven pastries, savory and sweet. They have daily discounts on fresh pastries, as well.
– Mughlai Grill, Indian cuisine at 6 Clinton St., is open for takeout and delivery everyday from 1pm – 9pm: (212) 533-2828
— North Dumpling is selling frozen dumplings from its storefront at 27 Essex St.
— Partybus Bakeshop remains open – and they are baking fresh bread! – with the following hours for pickup/delivery: Thursdays 11a -5p, Saturdays 11a – 5pm and Sundays 12p – 6p. They have breads, pies, cookies, pizzas, pizza crust! and sandwiches.
–Petee’s Pies is open for takeout and delivery from 4-10 pm and they’re also offering groceries.
— Petisco Vegano is offering takeout and delivery: (212) 387-0366.
–Rabbit House, the little Japanese restaurant on Essex Street is offering delivery and pickup.
— Rawsome Treats is available for pick-up or delivery by calling (646) 767-0373 or via their website from 12pm to 7pm Tuesday thru Sunday. They are also available on the Grubhub & Postmates platforms.
— Remedy Diner is offering pick-up and delivery from 8am – midnight: (212) 677-5110
— Russ & Daughters‘ locations are closed but they are offering a variety of delivery, pick-up, and shipping options. For pick-up at 179 E. Houston, call at least 2 hours in advance: 212-475-4880. For courier, call at least 24hrs in advance: 212-475-4880×1. More info here.
– Saigon Social has been offering new menu options on a daily basis on their instagram feed here. They write: “We hope everyone is well. [Here’s] our menu for today! 11am-8pm. We’re also still offering discounted/free meals for those in need. Call us at 646.609.3202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.” They’ve also been delivering a ton of food to health care workers and essential workers on the front lines.
— Sakamai is offering takeout and delivery. More details here.
— Saluggi’s is offering takeout and delivery, plus carryout specials, like a large red pizza and a bottle of wine or a 6-pack for $35: 636-896-1163.
— Spaghetti Incident is open from 5pm – 10pm for takeout and delivery is available on Grubhub, Seamless, Postmates, Caviar, Ubereats or calling the restaurant directly: (646) 896-1446.
— Sticky Rice is offering takeout and delivery – not to mention happy hour drinks to go – lychee martinis for everyone!
– Subject LES is offering cocktails to go, and daily specials, at their takeout window: Tuesday-Friday 5pm-9 pm. Sat/Sun 2pm -9 pm., noting, “Feel free to text Brian at (402) 417-5815 for anything Monday or from 9-11 pm every other day.”
— Sugar Sweet Sunshine Cafe is open. They write: “We have modified hours at both locations. We have a full coffee bar, no seating, offer in-store pick-up, curbside pickup, deliveries through several platforms and Apple Pay. Still taking orders for birthday cakes…Just trying to keep this shop sailing.”
–Taco Mix if open for takeout and delivery.
— Taqueria Diana is offering pickup and delivery at 69 Clinton St., (646) 707-3826
— Thailicious is still open for takeout and delivery: (646) 882-0343
— Tiny’s Giant Sandwich Shop is open for takeout and offering delivery via Seamless and Grubhub from 10am – 6pm: (212) 228-4949.
— Top Hops Beer Shop is open for takeout and delivery at their Essex Market location. Email email@example.com or call (917) 261-2561 during Essex Market hours, or order directly online at www.tophops.com. Delivery hours: 2pm – 7pm. They write: “We are very much open for take away and delivery with some incredible beers! We actually have cans of Other Half in stock right now which is nothing short of amazing.”
— Two Bridge’s Diner is open for pick up and delivery, seven days a week, offering a full breakfast, lunch and dinner menu (including the former Cup & Saucer menu!) plus daily specials: (212) 925-2963 or (212) 925-2973.
— VinVero Wines & Spirits writes: For the safety and health of our reduced staff and our customers, we are revising our operating hours effective immediately. Tuesday–Friday from 2:00–8:00pm, Saturday and Sunday from 12:00–8:00pm, moving forward we will be closed on Monday…Orders can be placed online for pickup at our storefront during business hours. Placed online for local delivery with a 6 bottle minimum. Place your order and then call the store to schedule your delivery, Wednesday–Saturday from 2:00–8:00pm. If you’d rather give us a call… at (646) 822-2867. Take care of yourself and each other.”
— Williamsburg Pizza on Broome and Allen is open for pickup and delivery. Calling them directly works quite well: (212) 226-4455.
— Yonah Schimmel is delivering/shipping through Goldbelly – not offering takeout at this time.
— Zafi’s Luncheonette is open for takeout and delivery: (212) 533-2415.
The Lo-Down is updating this list as things develop.