Sierra Leone’s Refugee All Stars. Photo courtesy of SummerStage.
Pizza Pioneers Two Boots, which shook up the East Village food scene back in 1987 when they introduced their unique brand of cornmeal-crusted, Cajun-Italian style pizzas, is celebrating 25 years of pizza making, funky folk art and its deep commitment to the Lower East Side community. They will be putting on a special event featuring music, art, aerialists, poetry, and of course free pizza, at the SummerStage Downtown Series this Thursday at the East River Park Amphitheater.
Summerstage 2011 in East River Park.
The City Parks Foundation is out with the full schedule for this year’s Summerstage. As usual, there are several late-season events planned in the East River Park Amphitheater. They include:
- Friday, August 17 – White Wave Young Soon Dance Company, Double Take Dance
- Saturday, August 18 – The Eleone Dance Theatre, Niles Ford Dance Collective
- Sunday, August 19 – The Upright Citizens Brigade Presents the All-Stars of Improv
- Tuesday, August 21 – Jose Alberto with 8 Y Mas and DJ Polito Vega
- Wednesday, August 22 – Lyracist Lounge 20th Anniversary featuring Pete Rock vs. DJ Premier
- Thursday, August 23 – Two Boots 25th Anniversary Concert (artists tbd)
- Saturday, August 25-Monday, August 27 – Jason & the Argonauts: Tales from the Argonautica
For more information on these shows, visit Summerstage’s web site.