In Lower East Side food news:
- Beauty & Essex debuts Sunday brunch service this weekend.
- Dessert Truck Works announces the “Street to Table Dinner Series.”
- Fork in the Road notes that Imperial Tavern has not reopened, in spite of a sign in the window suggesting the new Ludlow Street party spot would resume operations February 14th.
- Bowery Boogie reports Stellina, the bakery/gelato emporium next to Sorella, will be opening soon.
- Serious Eats proclaims “Tasty Dumplings” on Mulberry Street the tastiest dumplings in Chinatown.
- Per Eater, neighborhood semi-finalists for the James Beard awards include: Torrisi Italian Specialties (best new restaurant), Shuna Lydon of Peels (outstanding pastry chef), Wylie Dufresne of WD-50 (best NYC chef), Gabrielle Hamilton of Prune (best NYC chef), Sara Jenkins of Porchetta (best NYC chef).
Check out these restaurants, and more, on our fabulous Food Page.