Russ & Daughters' blog, Lox Populi, boasts of making it on to Anthony Burdain's list of "13 Places to Eat Before You Die" in this month's issue of Men's Health. Tony also suggests going down the street to eat at Katz's Delicatessen to "remind yourself how pastrami is done right". About the two local establishments he says, "This is what New Yorkers do better than anybody else. And here's where they do it."
We couldn't agree more.
The complete list:
1. St John (London)
2. elBulli (Girona, Spain)
3. The French Laundry (Napa Valley, California)
4. Per Se (New York City)
5. Sin Huat Eating House (Singapore)
6. Le Bernardin (New York City)
7. Salumi (Seattle)
8. Russ & Daughters (New York City)
9. Katz’s Delicatessen (New York City)
10. Etxebarri (Axpe, Spain)
11. Sukiyabashi Jiro (Tokyo)
12. Hot Doug’s (Chicago)
13. Oklahoma Joe’s Barbecue (Kansas City, Kansas)