A midweek round-up of neighborhood food news:
- Mary Queen of Scots co-owner Donal Brophy explains his decor.
- Orchard Street’s Cheeky Sandwiches is expanding, with a new outpost in Brooklyn’s Dekalb Market; meanwhile, Serious Eats reviews its bacon, egg and cheese.
- Russ & Daughters got another Hollywood moment this week, hosting a location shoot for a new feature film, Lola Versus, which also filmed some street scenes around Essex and Canal over the weekend.
- The debut issue of David Chang’s new magazine features an interview with wd-50′s Wylie Dufresne.
- Following up on last month’s opening of Co-op Food & Drink, plans for the other dining spaces at the tony Hotel on Rivington are emerging.
- In the wake of the news his Grand Street space is expanding, Doughnut Plant’s Mark Israel tells a D.C. paper he’s still planning to open a store in the nation’s capital.