A midweek roundup of local restaurant and bar happenings:
- Fork in the Road talks to CultureFix proprietor Ari Stern about art and drinking, and says the NYPD is still harassing them.
- Serious Eats visits Lina Frey on Houston and concludes: Though “the plates never quite taste as good as the place looks, gentle prices make it worth a visit.”
- Eater sums up the story of the East Village sushi bar that defied a health department closure and continued serving through the holiday weekend, and then ran a Post photographer off.
- The Wall Street Journal likes Souvlaki GR.
- EV Grieve has photos of HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire” staging a scene at John’s of 12th Street today. (Shooting is scheduled for eastern Grand Street tomorrow.)