A roundup of Lower East Side food headlines:
- Via Eater, have a look at the menus for the pop-up French restaurant, Chez Jef, that will be in the former Bowery Diner space for awhile.
- Robert Sietsema has an early look at the new restaurant in the Cooper Square Hotel.
- Serious Eats checks out the revamped cocktail menu at the newish Golden Cadillac.
- Irving Farm Coffee teamed up with Peak Organic Brewing Company in Maine to create a new Espresso Amber Ale. There will be a party to celebrate at 88 Orchard St. Friday night.
- Family Recipe on Eldridge Street is debuting a $1 oyster happy hour from 6-7 p.m., except on the weekends.