Is there a revival in the works for Ha'Chi, the Thompson LES Hotel's Asian fusion restaurant that opened in July and closed a few weeks ago?
Next month’s agenda for Community Board 3’s liquor license hearing is fresh off the presses this afternoon, and there are a few items of note:
- Papaya Restaurant, Inc., is seeking a wine and beer license at 249A Broome Street, between Ludlow and Orchard.
- Ha’Chi Enterprises, which closed its Asian-fusion restaurant in the Thompson LES Hotel at 185 Orchard St. after just a few months, is seeking a wine and beer license at that same address.
- An establishment called Repair, at 165 Ludlow St., is seeking a full bar license.
- Los Feliz, at 109 Ludlow St., is seeking permission to do alterations.
- Foundation, at 137 Essex, is seeking a new full-bar permit.
- The owners of Ludlow Manor, the new triplex bar at 95 Delancey, will be back to plead their case for additional bars within their huge space, which opened last weekend with only one permitted bar.
The meeting takes place Dec. 12 at 6 p.m. at the JASA/Green Residence, 200 E. 5th St. at Bowery.
See the full agenda after the jump.
Ha'Chi, the Thompson LES Hotel's new Asian fusion restaurant, opened this week on Orchard Street.
In today’s Lower East Side restaurant news:
- From The Lo-Down inbox: Ha’Chi, the new Asian fusion eatery, opened this week on the ground floor of the Thompson LES Hotel at 185 Orchard St.
- EV Grieve has an update on S’MAC’s takeover of the former Little Veselka kiosk at Houston Street and 1st Avenue; look for a fall opening.
- Serious Eats samples the late-night fare at Schiller’s Liquor Bar, and gives the sticky toffee pudding a rousing thumbs-up.
- Friends and fans of East Village bar owner and beer aficianado Ray Deter will gather Monday, Aug. 1, at his Williamsburg bar, dba Brooklyn, to toast his life and raise funds for his sons’ college educations. More info: Jimmy No. 43’s website and Good Beer Seal.
- Snap Food Truck brings its mobile burgers and dogs back to the Hester Street Fair on Saturday. The full fair line-up is here.
- The Wall Street Journal does some illuminating math calculations on the city’s 1-year-old restaurant inspections grading system.
The Asian fusion restaurant and lounge, HaChi (185 Orchard; on the ground floor of the Thompson LES Hotel) is planning a grand opening July 26th. From a press release tweeted far and wide this afternoon, we learn:
… HaChi is a step up from many traditional Asian Fusion restaurants. Its dual-level layout offers ample space for both a casual fine dining restaurant with an extensive dinner menu as well as a chic, modern lounge scene. When dining at HaChi, customers will experience unique dishes prepared with top of the line ingredients and French cuts of beef, fish and chicken, all executed with precision.