Viktor & Spoils, the new bar at the Hotel on Rivington.
This morning’s Lower East Side food/restaurant news:
- Viktor & Spoils, the new tequila bar and taqueria in the Hotel on Rivington, opens Thursday. Zagat has a preview, as does Urban Daddy.
- Two Lower East Side restaurants make it onto the dreaded Eater “cursed spaces” list: 107 Rivington (currently Co-op Food & Drink); and 189 East Houston (most recently Masala Twist).
- The Voice says Pho 88, the new Vietnamese spot on Bayard Street, looks promising.
- All day today, Forcella, the new pizza place on the Bowery is offering $10 pies
After much anticipation, Veselka Bowery opens tomorrow night.
Some food headlines from around the neighborhood:
- Veselka Bowery plans to actually, finally open tomorrow. (Facebook)
- Speaking of the Bowery, Forcella, the new Neapolitan pizzeria out of Williamsburg, is gaining traction among pie-lovers. (Zagat)
- Masala Wala finally opened on Essex Street this week. (GrubStreet)
- Knishery NYC, the home-baking enterprise of LES resident Noah Wildman we wrote about last month, gets another close-up. (The Forward)
- Prosperity Dumpling faces off against Vanessa’s for sesame-pancake bragging rights. (Serious Eats)
- A Chinatown meat market on East Broadway denies selling dog meat in the wake of puppy mill investigation in Minnesota. (Gothamist)