Meatball Shop owners Michael Chernow & Daniel Holzman shortly after setting up shop last spring.
Here’s the midweek roundup of food news around the neighborhood.
- LES “food personality” Eddie Huang makes Time, whose Josh Ozersky asserts: “Huang gets by on a cocktail of personality, hustle, some luck, some cooking ability, but most of all a really compelling ability to communicate who he is to the world.”
- The NYT’s FloFab says Stellina, the new dessert parlor by the folks at Sorella, will open Sunday on Allen Street.
- In a one-year anniversary Q&A with Eater, Meatball Shop guys Michael Chernow and Daniel Holzman dish on their expansion to Williamsburg and the West Village, and how they feel about imitators.
Beauty & Essex.
In Lower East Side food news:
- EV Grieve and the Village Voice have the (rather amusing) scoop on Bowery Beef, the new restaurant opening in the Bowery Poetry Club next week.
- The Voice profiles Gaia, an Italian cafe that just opened on East Houston.
- Metromix sizes up Beauty & Essex: “Every neighborhood has to grow up. Beauty & Essex is the kind of place you can bring your best client or your uptown arm candy to, without feeling like you’re betraying the neighborhood’s soul.”
- Bowery Boogie hears Andy ‘n’ Bao, the latest Michael Huynh concept at 154 Orchard, should be opening in a couple of weeks.