Coronavirus Update: Mother’s Day Essentials, Care Pack Pastries and More
Here’s an update on more local spots reopening this week. Many are finding creative ways to adapt, re-inventing themselves as grocers and offering take home meal kits and cocktails, prepped and ready to cook (or mix) yourself, as a lot of specialty prepared food just doesn’t travel well.
– Bacaro is offering a Mother’s Day “pop-up” from noon – 5pm, on Saturday, “grab all your Mother’s Day essentials: handpicked bouquets, organic /regional wines, and even beautiful masks. Everything is reasonably priced with bottles being 25$ as well as the bouquet (perfect as a little bundle). We’re also featuring our olive oil we use in-house for dipping which is perfect for cooking, cordials and digestifs unique to Italy, and many other regional exclusives. Stop by for mom or even for yourself, we won’t tell.”
– Balvanera, the Argentinian restaurant, is back open with a new takeout and delivery menu. They write: ‘Weekend agenda: Empanadas in pajamas, dulce de leche by the jar, a juicy ribeye with an even juicer Malbec. Order take out or delivery (or a special Argentinian Box with groceries and fixings to cook for yourself) by calling 212.533.3348 or via our website.”
– Charsu promises to reopen as a general store soon, teasing on instagram: “We will be reopening soon! Serving hot food, craft beer, wine, meal kits, salads and plenty of other covid appropriate nourishment. Stay tuned!”
– LES CrepesTaqueria has reopened for takeout and delivery on Essex Street: (646) 964-500.
– Little Canal cafe and coffee shop has re-opened their takeout window and delivery service. They write: “We’re happy to announce that we’re gloved, masked and open for biz! Come by for some of our favorite breakfast items, coffee, beer and natty wine ☕️ M-F: 9am-3pm S-S: 9am-5pm.”
– Ludlow Coffee Supply is open daily from 8am-3pm for takeout.
– Roni-Sue’s Chocolates is offering special Mother’s Day gifts. They write: “Need some #chocolate for the weekend? #psa it’s also Mother’s Day tomorrow! We’re doing curbside pickup today until 6pm for all those last minute gifts that never look last minute! Call us at 212-677-1216 & we’ll prepare it to order.”
– Shopsins, the beloved big food breakfast spot in Essex Market, has reopened on a limited schedule for takeout only, via text message ordering (Fri. & Sat. 9am-3p & Sun. 10am-3pm)(401) 307-3023. They write: “Now doing scheduled pick up – or right away – we text – when we have started cooking your food & again when ready – thank u.” The takeout menu can be found on their website here.
– Sonnyboy, the restaurant on Rivington Street, is preparing to re-open as a “liquor + provisions store.”
– Speedy Romeo has reopened on Clinton Street for takeout and delivery through GrubHub and Caviar. You can preorder for Mother’s Day, as well: 11am-8pm daily.
Check out our complete list of what’s open, with direct links and additional info, here.