Coronavirus Update: More Local Spots Open For Takeout and Delivery, Looking Towards Full Reopening
More local spots re-opened this week, offering takeout and delivery, in new and creative ways. Many are making tentative plans as they look towards full reopening, with new guidelines and safety procedures in place, when DeBlasio and Cuomo give the word. Here are the highlights:
– Cafe Katja re-opened this week, offering some a new takeout menu, plus a curated beer and wine selection. Order on Postmates or call: (212) 219-9545.
– We hear that Clandestino is now open for takeout cocktails and small bites, from 6pm – 9pm, daily.
– Jadis wine bar is now open daily, from 1pm till Late. They write: “Wine, beers, for sale by the bottle and by the glass. Food options available! Miss you all!”
– Japanese restaurant, Otaku Katsu, the Lower East Side ‘sando’ spot, is now open for take out and delivery with a limited menu and new hours: Wednesday & Thursday from 4pm – 10pm; Friday & Saturday from 12pm – 10pm; and Sunday from 12pm – 9pm. Customers can order via their website directly, or through their app.
– Peruvian chicken is back at Essex Market. Mercado Lima, Don Ceviche, is serving up quarter chicken specials with two sides to-go and whole chickens from 11 am – 6 pm. Also available for delivery on UberEats and Grubhub.