Boiler Overheats, Leading to Emergency Response at Fine Fare Gorcery
There was some excitement at the Fine Fare at 175 Clinton St. yesterday morning. Firefighters were on the scene and the store was briefly closed after an electrical fire broke out in the building where the grocery store is located.
We’re told by building management from the Seward Park Cooperative that a boiler overheated and melted some insulation. The insurance company for the co-op will be on site today to get a better sense of the damage. We expect to have more details later.
Once Fine Fare reopened, there was a strong smell inside the store, but shoppers were undeterred.