LES Bites: Lunch at Dirty French, Suffolk Arms Progress, Bialy Basics
Let’s get caught up on news from the Lower East Side restaurant scene:
- Dirty French in the Ludlow Hotel debuted lunch service yesterday (it’s offered noon-3 p.m.). Eater posts the menu, which it calls a “pared down version” of the dinner menu. There’s a lamb burger and a banh mi sandwich. It’s nearly impossible to score a dinner reservation at the new hot spot, so lunch might be your best bet. No prices listed.
- EV Grieve notices the plywood has gone up at 269 East Houston St., in preparation for Suffolk Arms, a new cocktail venture from Giuseppe Gonzalez (you may remember him from PKNY, Golden Cadillac or Dutch Kills).
- Serious Eats delves into the quest for a bialy resurgence.
- Sarah Simmons of Birds & Bubbles reveals the secrets behind her amazing deviled egg sauce.
- ICYMI: The Times loves the quiet homeyness of Soy on Suffolk Street.