Remember Latex Casting? Do it Yourself at this Free Workshop
Beginning Wednesday, there will be a series of free arts workshops as a part of sculptor Takashi Horisaki’s project “Social Dress Lower East Side–Material Memories.” The program is a part of Paths to Pier 42, a collective project among the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council and several local community organizations.
The program invites you to learn the process of latex casting in free workshops led by Horisaki and his team of students. Each participant is asked to bring a personal item from home to cast and can be expected to share its story with other workshoppers.
If you’re interested in learning how to cast, while meeting some new neighborhood faces, we’ve got the day-of-event info below. All five of them.
- July 23 (Wed), 2-4pm at GOLES (171 Avenue B on E 11th Street)
- July 25 (Fri), 3-5pm at Clemente Soto Velez Cultural and Educational Center (107 Suffolk Street, btw Delancy and Rivington Streets)
- July 25 (Fri), 5:30-8pm at Clemente Soto Velez Cultural and Educational Center (107 Suffolk Street, btw Delancy and Rivington Streets)
- July 30 (Wed) 2-4pm at The Tenement Museum (103 Orchard Street, 2nd Fl. The Delancey Room.)
- August 1 (Fri) 10am-12pm @ 80 Rutgers (Everyone is welcome. Chinese translation is also available)