Some lunchtime food news for your Tuesday:
- The owners of Venezuelan joint Patacon Pisao say their new location at 139 Essex St. will open “very, very soon.”
- The Comfort Diner, the midtown eatery that’s coming to 399 Grand St., had a little April Fool’s Facebook fun about their new location this morning.
- EV Grieve reviews plans for the 2.0 version of Max Fish, which have been filed with the community board’s liquor licensing committee ahead of a hearing next week.
- Eater interviews the team behind “industry darling” Pearl & Ash for its “One Year In” feature.
- Actress Camryn Manheim paid a visit to Economy Candy this week. Apparently, she’s a regular.