LES Bites: Beauty & Essex Mondays, Russ & Daughters Ramps Up, Eastwood’s Birthday
Your midweek food and drink roundup.
- Nightlife spot Beauty & Essex has just launched an LGBT soiree in its upstairs space on Monday nights. It’s a mix-and-mingle party featuring cocktail specials from 8 p.m. to midnight. The shared-plates menu has something for everyone: try the wasabi parsnip puree, and be sure to save room for the box of doughnuts dessert.
- Russ & Daughters’ Orchard Street cafe is nearing its opening date; John Zorn and Laurie Anderson were among the “friends and family” guests attending the first dinner last night.
- Check out a slideshow of the Hester Street Fair’s debut weekend; also, a HuffPo writer cruised the cheap eats. The fair returns this weekend, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days. Sunday afternoon features a special event in partnership with the Municipal Art Society.
- Clinton Street’s Eastwood celebrates its first anniversary this weekend. Owners Andrew States and Sivan Harlap want to thank their friends and fans “for your support, your company, your record donations and for finding the door.” Details on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
- The Museum at Eldridge Street is seeking volunteer help for its annual Egg Rolls & Egg Creams festival scheduled for June 8. Click here to sign up.