LES Bites: Munchies Joint, Top Chinatown-Little Italy Spots, Pearl & Ash Reviewed
This week’s food news and notes:
- The Munchies Joint at 85 Stanton St. is celebrating its grand opening tomorrow. Owner Seth Levine let us know he’ll be giving out free “munchies” from 4:20 p.m.-4:20 a.m. Look for: funnel cake, stuffed pretzels, brownies, churros, mini pancakes, mini waffles, and Toke N Snack cookies.
- Um, it’s the “sunglasses stoner drunch” at Fatta Cuckoo, 63 Clinton St., tomorrow. You’ll get a free tequila shot or a doughnut if you wear your sunglasses throughout your meal.
- Serious Eats offers a guide to eating well in Chinatown and Little Italy.
- At Pearl & Ash, the Voice writes, Richard Kuo is “building elegant, colorful small plates that often whisper of faraway places.”
- And in case you missed these from yesterday… Eastwood opens tonight… and a new Latin restaurant is coming to 172 Delancey St.