LES Bites: SPQR Closes, Los Perros Locos Celebrates, Fatta Cuckoo’s Sunday Dinners
Today’s Lower East Side food notes:
- Grub Street notes: longtime Little Italy restaurant SPQR, a neighborhood fixture for at least three decades, has closed.
- Los Perros Locos, the Columbian-style hot dog joint at 201 Allen Street, is celebrating its grand opening today and tomorrow. They’re offering special deals, entertainment and a raffle.
- Fatta Cuckoo, at 62 Clinton Street, is debuting a new monthly Sunday supper series with guest chefs. Seth Gordon and William Huffman kick off the new night this coming weekend for the Oscars. The $45 menu includes 9 small plates and special cocktails. Have a look at the restaurant’s Facebook page for more info.
- Serious Eats is diggin’ the carnitas torta at Taqueria LES.
- After the closure of Bruschetteria at 92 Rivington Street, the 350 square foot space is available for $4500/month.