Three Firefighters Suffer Minor Injuries in Blaze at 75 Mott Street
According to a report on Channel 11, three firefighters suffered minor injuries during a fire at 75 Mott Street yesterday. The fire started in a third floor apartment around 4:30 p.m. and spread to the rest of the floor, but firefighters extinguished the flames quickly.
Investigators said there was a lot of debris in the apartment, piled five feet high. The firefighters tossed a lot of it out windows. “We need(ed) to remove everything that (was) burning from the apartment, that (was) still smoldering — get it out in the event that the fire lights up again,” deputy fire chief John Esposito said.
The photo above is from NYC Fire Wire.