LES Bites: The General, Pig & Khao, Boulton & Watt
Here’s a roundup of recent Lower East Side food headlines:
- Urban Daddy has the scoop on The EMM Group’s gigantic restaurant “The General” which opens tonight at 199 Bowery. The Asian-themed eatery joins two clubs, Bow and Finale, in the nightlife megaplex.
- Pig & Khao gets its “Tables For Two” moment in the New Yorker.
- Pig & Khao and San Marzano got the initial okay from Community Board 3 last night for upgrades from beer/wine to full bar. Ivan Orkin (who wants to open an artisanal ramen spot at 25 Clinton) was persuaded to downgrade to a beer/wine only permit. An error in its application forced Piano’s to delay its plan to take over the Living Room’s space on Ludlow Street. And CB3’s SLA Committee voted against a renewal for The Suffolk in the Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center. We’ll have more on all of the liquor license follies tomorrow.
- The Times mentions Boulton & Watt, which has taken over the “Nice Guy Eddie’s” space at 5 Avenue A. Yes things are changin’ in the neighborhood.
- Malt & Mold just added Alphabet City Dizzy Brunette growlers.