Morning Reads: Chinatown Bus Safety, Bowery Mission Grant, The Year of Bowien
- After the acquittal of a Chinatown bus driver, a look at proposals to make the largely unregulated industry safer (WNYC).
- Sheldon Silver: the governor knows he’s not running a dictatorship (Capital New York).
- The United Way awards a grant to the Bowery Mission for post-Sandy repairs (NY1).
- Pete Wells says Royal Seafood on Mott Street serves “food that is often very close to Cantonese cuisine, the original flavor of Chinatown, with enough modern Hong Kong flourishes to let you know that it’s 2012.” (NYT)
- Is it time to get over Mission Chinese’s Danny Bowien? One writer says yes (Village Voice).
- A look at Two-Bits, the new retro arcade on Essex Street (Beta Beat).
- 18-year old UK music prodigy Jake Bugg at the Slipper Room (Brooklyn Vegan).