Morning Reads: 11-Year Old Handcuffed, EMS Supervisor “Treated Like Cleopatra,” Cuomo Considers Liquor License Crackdown
- An 11-year old was handcuffed for carrying a BB gun to M.S. 345 on Henry Street; his grandmother says it was a prop for a play (Post).
- Report: This week Governor Cuomo will make public a series of recommendations that, if acted upon, would curtail liquor license applications (Post).
- During Hurricane Sandy, an EMS commander was carried “like a Roman Emperor” from Pier 36 on South Street to dry land (Post).
- Following an appeal from Sheldon Silver, NYCHA agrees to hold off on eviction proceedings for tenants impacted by Hurricane Sandy (Daily News).
- Margarita Rosa, the longtime head of Grand Street Settlement, is on the short list for an opening on the New York Court of Appeals (New York Law Journal).
- A chat with Anthony Huberman of the Artist’s Institute on Eldridge Street (Art Slant).
- A look at the Tenement Museum’s new Shop Life exhibition (Epoch Times).