Morning Reads: The Mayor on Walmart, Bus Bill Concerns, Moscot’s New Mascots
- Michael Bloomberg: “”Walmart has the right to come (to NYC) and open a store anytime they want… and if they don’t need a land-use change, they don’t have to consult with anybody, and that’s the way it should be.” (Capital NY)
- The Supreme Court declines to hear a case challenging New York’s rent laws (NYT).
- Established bus companies operating out of the Port Authority Terminal express concerns about a proposed permit system for “Chinatown buses.” (Crain’s).
- New York’s largest labor union is backing Rep. Nydia Velazquez in June;s Democratic Primary (Capital NY).
- Moscot goes heavy metal (NYT).