Morning Reads: 7-11 Conquers St. Mark’s Place, Politicos Face Anti-NYU Ire, Star-Studded New Museum Gala
- Chain store invasion: 7-11′s conquest above Houston Street spreads to St. Mark’s Place (Daily News, previously EV Grieve).
- Newcomer Dan O’Connor, who’s challenging U.S. Rep. Nydia Velazquez in the June Democratic Primary, believes he can win support in Chinatown (NY Press).
- At a news conference in Chinatown yesterday, Danny Chen’s parents praised the Pentagon’s decision to hold the trials of eight soldiers accused in connection with Chen’s death in North Carolina (WNYC).
- Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer’s decision to support NYU’s expansion plan is not going over very well in the Village. Now it’s City Council member Margaret Chin’s turn to weigh in on the controversial proposal (Capital NY).
- It looks like CB3′s David McWater is exiting Nice Guy Eddie’s (The Local EV).
- Chloe Sevigny and Jeff Koons were among the A-Listers flocking to the New Museum’s 35th Annual Gala; $1.6 million was raised (Artinfo).
- Video: Allegra LaViola, Simone Subal and Kristen Dodge talk about running galleries on the Lower East Side (Business Week).