This afternoon’s Lower East Side food headlines:
- Grub Street brings word that Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya opens in the Thompson LES Hotel next week. Have a look at the menu.
- Learning about Landbrot, the new German bakery on Orchard Street.
- New clues about the future of 85 Orchard, the prime spot once occupied by Little Giant. Bowery Boogie notices city permits filed by Nick Mathers, who’s behind Ruby’s on Mulberry Street. Looks like an Aussie joint is heading our way.
- EV Grieve reports the Bistro Cafe and Grill is coming to 1st Avenue and East 2nd Street.
- Casa Mezcal is throwing a big party for its second anniversary tomorrow.