LES Bites: 2 Trannies at Alias, Taste of the LES, Francesca
Today’s Lower East Side food finds:
- Alias is offering a special $40 pre fixe dinner next Monday prepared by the “2 Fat Trannies.” That’s right. According to the email blast Bertha Venus and Fatness Everdeen will be whipping up a feast “to tempt any gourmand into drag and out of the house.”
- Serious Eats checks out Francesca, the successor to Frankies Sputino at 17 Clinton Street.
- In-box: Grand Street Settlement’s Taste of the LES is coming up (in Soho) April 26th.
- EV Grieve reports the Bean plans an expansion on 1st Avenue.
- Visit “Sauce” on Rivington Street with, who else, the concierge at the Bowery Hotel.